Bringing new life into this world is one of life's most treasured moments and where you choose to go for delivery is one of the most important decisions a woman can make.
At Corpus Christi Medical Center Bay Area, which is home to the Women's Center at Bay Area, we welcome nearly 4,000 babies each year. Our skilled obstetricians, labor and delivery nurses and maternity nurses are committed to providing the highest quality medical care and a safe and memorable childbirth experience.
Corpus Christi obstetric care services
At the Women's Center at Bay Area, we provide quality, compassionate maternity care for every stage of pregnancy. Our center offers various services and amenities including:
- Advanced neonatal intensive care units (NICUs)
- In-person or online pre-registration
- Highly skilled and specially trained labor and delivery nurses
- Large private rooms
- Maternal-fetal care teams specializing in high-risk pregnancy care
Whether this is your first pregnancy or your third, the expert obstetrician-gynecologists (OB/GYNs) at the Women's Center at Bay Area have the qualifications and credentials to provide the high-quality care you and your baby deserve.
To help you feel prepared for labor and delivery, we offer prenatal care services designed to inform you and to keep you and your baby healthy during pregnancy and childbirth.
Maternity classes and hospital tours
No one can tell you what your birth experience will be like, but classes can help you feel prepared, confident and ready for the birth of your baby.
We offer free maternity classes to help you and your family prepare for everything from labor and delivery to infant cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and newborn care. Classes are taught by an experienced childbirth educator who is dedicated to providing helpful information and thoroughly answering your questions.
We also provide virtual tours of our center, so you can get familiar with our facility before the arrival of your baby. For assistance registering or for additional information, please call (361) 761-1549.
High-risk pregnancy care
We have a high-risk antepartum unit designed to care for women who need to stay in the hospital because of pregnancy-related complications. Our skilled physicians and nurses provide specialized care and attention for both mom and baby.
After your baby is born, we help you begin your recovery in our dedicated postpartum care unit. Our private patient rooms are designed to reduce stress and encourage rest and healing.
Our on-site lactation specialists provide mothers with support, education, and encouragement during their hospital stay. They are committed to helping you successfully breastfeed your baby and will be a resource during your stay.
If your baby requires special care after birth, we will transition care to our Level III NICU. Your baby will receive advanced, specialized care from a team of neonatal specialists who will do everything possible to support you and your family during your stay and beyond.
Family support programs
The transition to parenthood can present some challenges, so it's our goal to make the shift easier and help you find joy and ease in your new role as a parent. Some of our services include:
- Car seat loaner program: This program is designed to keep all infants safe by providing short-term car seat rental services.
- Early childhood intervention referral program: This program provides parents with interventions that assist babies in reaching developmental milestones.
- Kangaroo care: Skin-to-skin care is designed to enhance bonding between parents and their babies. Your nurse will help you get started with kangaroo care and will help you determine what is best for your baby.
- Tub club: Receive hands-on training on how to give your baby a bath and how to provide daily care to your new baby.