Some patients will have bladder/urination problems during treatment. There are medicines that can help, but you can also do some things yourself to relieve symptoms:
- Drink a lot of liquids every day – to the point where your urine should be clear to light yellow.
- It might be easier for you to sip something all day rather than try to drink large glasses of liquid
- Recommended liquids include cranberry juice, soups, Jell-o and water
- Avoid caffeinated or alcoholic beverages. These can actually make your bladder problems worse.
- Call the doctor if:
- You have blood in your urine
- You feel like you have to go right away
- You feel like you can’t go, or you’re not completely emptying your bladder
- You have pain or a burning sensation when you go
- You “leak” if you sneeze or cough