New visitor policies initiated
March 20, 2020
With the wider spread of positive COVID-19 cases in the United States, Corpus Christi Medical Center is joining other hospitals to initiate new measures to safeguard our colleagues, patients and medical staff.
We are not allowing visitors at this time, with the exception of visitors
for laboring and postpartum mothers, NICU, and pediatric patients.
- One overnight visitor will be allowed to stay overnight with these patients.
- If a patient or family member has an extenuating circumstance, we will work with them to help accommodate their needs. These include: emotional well-being, end of life, and patient advocates pre/post surgery.
- Patients, essential visitors, and colleagues will continue to be screened upon entry for the following:
- Fever and signs and symptoms of lower respiratory illness;
- Close contact with a person infected with COVID-19 in the last 14 days; and
- Fever or signs and symptoms of lower respiratory illness and travel of an affected geographic area.
While we understand the importance of in-hospital patients having family members and loved ones by their side, this measure is necessary in order to best protect patients and those providing care. We encourage family members to stay in touch with their loved ones virtually to stay connected from a distance.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and support.