New visitor policies initiated
Please note that Corpus Christi Medical Center Bayview has additional policies when it comes to visitation.
At Corpus Christi Medical Center, we want to provide you and your loved ones with the best healthcare experience possible. We remain diligent in our fight against coronavirus (COVID-19) and the health and safety of our patients, caregivers and communities is our top priority.
At this time, we encourage communication through virtual visitation, which is available at all of our facilities. While we understand the importance of in-hospital patients having family members and loved ones by their side, the following visitor policies are necessary in order to best protect patients and those providing care.
- Screening processes are in place for all visitors before entering facilities. Visitors who screen positive will not be allowed to enter the facility. Extenuating circumstances may apply.
- All visitors must wear a mask and adhere to the 6 ft. social distancing guidelines for the duration of the visit
Corpus Christi Medical Center locations with visitor limitations
Visiting Hours: 5am to 7pm
- One visitor is allowed to be with each patient (Non-COVID-19) patients
- One visitor is allowed per day (COVID-19) patients
- Limited visitation in Emergency Department
Only one visitor is permitted for:
- Emergency room patients
- Imaging, pre-admit testing appointments
- One 24-hour support person is permitted for non-COVID-19 pediatric and NICU patients, laboring mothers and patient advocates pre-/post-surgery
Visitors who screen positive for flu or COVID-19 will not be able to visit a patient except for:
- an end-of-life situation or
- a family member or guardian must make a medical decision
Exceptions to the one visitor policy will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. If a patient or family member has an extenuating circumstance, we will work with them to help accommodate their needs.
Hospital Entrances and Hours
At Bay Area and The Heart Hospital, the following entrances are open:
- Williams Street (Main Entrance) 5am – 9pm.
- Day Surgery Entrance (S.P.I.D.) 5am – 9pm.
- Emergency Room 24/7
At Doctors Regional, the following entrances are open:
- Main Entrance (facing Alameda Street) 5am – 9pm.
- Emergency Room 24/7
We appreciate everyone’s patience and support.
Circumstances may allow for specific exceptions to any visitation restrictions described on this webpage. Those circumstances include religious visitation as well as a designated support person for a patient with a disability to provide assistance with communication or other necessary components of the patient's treatment. All persons entering under an exception remain subject to appropriate infection control protocols.