About Corpus Christi Medical Center Bay Area
Corpus Christi Medical Center Bay Area is a full-service, 152-bed acute care hospital providing high-quality healthcare to the patients in its community. With accreditation from The Joint Commission and American College of Cardiology as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center, respectively, our facility is capable of providing advanced levels of care.
We offer patients:
- 24-hour emergency services, Trauma Center (Level II)
- Access to minimally invasive weight loss surgery as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
- Diabetes management services
- Neurological and neurosurgical care
- Cardiovascular services
- Orthopedic care
- Physical rehabilitation services
- Surgical options and procedures
- Wound care
Specialized centers for women's care and cancer
The Bay Area campus is home to the Breast Center of South Texas and The Women's Center at Bay Area, which offers a Women's and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
This unit also provides access to various levels of neonatal intensive care, state-of-the-art birthing suites, comprehensive nursery services, including prenatal education, a maternal and neonatal transport program, maternal fetal medicine specialists, as well as antepartum and postpartum units. Standard women's care, including obstetrics and gynecology, is also offered.