Cancer support and resources in Corpus Christi
Cancer treatment does not mean just radiation therapy, chemotherapy or surgery — our goal is to treat the whole person and his/her family. We can help patients:
- Connect with support groups to help you and your family deal with the emotional aspects of a cancer diagnosis
- Feel better during treatment through our cancer wellness recommendations and information regarding exercise, nutrition and pain management
- Find community resources for various needs
- Successfully manage possible side effects of treatment
- Understand complementary therapies and decide if they are right for you
We also realize that cancer can significantly affect the family and friends caring for our patients and have created a guide for caregivers to assist them throughout their loved one’s cancer journey.
At Corpus Christi Medical Center, we believe clinical trials play a vital role in the advancement of cancer treatment. We want to inform patients about what it means to participate in a clinical trial, what the potential benefits are and how to find trials that may be appropriate.
We are not affiliated with other organizations, but in addition to the resources offered by Corpus Christi Medical Center, other opportunities to find the support and education you may need can be found through:
- American Cancer Society: Provides free assistance and information to cancer patients, from the latest in cancer research and fundraising events to help with products for cancer-related hair loss and mastectomies
- National Cancer Institute: Federal government's principal agency for cancer research and training; provides information to the public regarding the prevention, early detection and treatment of cancer