The cardiovascular programs of Corpus Christi Medical Center, located at the Heart Hospital and Doctors Regional, provide nationally recognized care to thousands of residents in the Coastal Bend and surrounding communities. Here, we put our hearts into caring for yours. Our unparalleled team, innovative technologies and specialized programs are all aimed at preventing, diagnosing, and treating cardiovascular diseases to ensure the best possible outcome for our patients. Our patients also benefit from the fact that Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission, as well as an accredited Chest Pain Center as designated by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
We provide numerous diagnostic and surgical services, and ongoing and interventional cardiac care for patients with most cardiac conditions. These include treatment for heart attacks and heart disease, arrhythmias including atrial fibrillation (afib), valve disease and replacement, blood clots and heart failure.
Complete Cardiac Care Close to Home
Many of our patients may not realize they have heart problems until they arrive in our emergency department. Our cardiac and vascular programs cover the full continuum of cardiac care, starting with diagnostic procedures and including surgery and rehabilitation. All of them performed right here in Corpus Christi, without having to leave town for advanced treatment. Our services include:
- Treatment for heart attacks, including coronary artery bypass graft surgery, angioplasty and stent placement
- Aortic arch repair
- Valve repair and replacement surgery, including minimally invasive mitral valve procedures
- Vascular procedures, including blood clots and deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm treatment and stent placement
- Surgical treatment for atrial fibrillation
- Carotid endarterectomy (carotid artery surgery)
- Electrophysiology services, including insertion of biventricular and permanent pacemakers, pacemaker lead extraction and internal cardiac defibrillators and diagnostics
- Cardiac rehabilitation, with a complete three-phase inpatient and outpatient rehab for our cardiac patients. Care begins inpatient, with supervised diet, exercise and monitoring, and moves to outpatient as our patients resume their lives but still need some care and supervision
Find a Cardiologist or Vascular Surgeon
Looking for a cardiologist close to home? Search our doctors and schedule your appointment online: Search & Schedule