Women's Center at Bay Area
Corpus Christi Medical Center – Bay Area
7101 S. Padre Island Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 78412
We offer comprehensive services centered around your needs, providing a full range of expertise, from prenatal care and labor and delivery through postpartum care. Additionally, our Obstetrics and Gynecology Unit provides premier post-operative care.
"This was absolutely the perfect hospital for us,'' said new mom Amy Luna, who delivered a high-risk, premature baby girl at the Women’s Center at Bay Area.”It had to be a hospital that could handle both me and the baby. Wherever I was, in Antepartum, the Intensive Care Unit, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, I had the most unbelievable care."
Prenatal Care (Antepartum)/Labor and Delivery
Approximately 3,500 babies are born annually at The Women’s Center at Bay Area. This unit is dedicated to ensuring the comfort and well being of the expectant mother and her child with features including:
- High-risk Antepartum Unit
- Labor and Delivery Unit
- C-Section Operating Rooms on standby 24 hours a day with a specially trained staff
- On-site lactation specialist is available to assist with breastfeeding education
Recognizing the special needs of women immediately after the birth of their babies, The Women’s Center at Bay Area provides a dedicated Postpartum Care Unit. This is a postpartum unit, with each bed located in a private room –thus creating a more peaceful surrounding that reduces stress while, maximizing the patient's comfort level and sense of privacy.
Obstetrics and Gynecology
This unit is staffed by extensively trained and experienced nurses and is equipped to provide premier post-operative care to thousands of women annually. Also, the unit accepts patients from other areas of the Women's Services spectrum, when additional accommodation is needed.
Caring and loving nursing staff will provide quality care to your new baby. Lactation consultants are available to help you successfully begin to breastfeed and serve as resources during your stay. Our hospital's breastfeeding program denotes our commitment to breastfeeding mothers. We are family centered, developmentally oriented and strive to meet your family’s individual needs.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
The tiniest patients at The Women’s Center at Bay Area are cared for in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), a Level I, II, and III unit that provides highly specialized care. Our NICU unit is staffed by a comprehensive team that includes board-certified Neonatologists and Neonatal Nurse Practitioners. All NICU and Newborn Nursery Staff are Certified Providers of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program.
The NICU is specially designed to support and facilitate the optimal development of its tiny patients. The family-centered unit encourages skin-to-skin contact between baby and parent and the comforting co-bedding of multiple birth siblings. Breastfeeding is also strongly encouraged.
A Transport Team is on 24-hour alert to handle the transfer of high-risk infants from other area hospitals. Helicopter transport for infants also is available.
A wide range of Neonatal subspecialties and treatments are available, including:
- Inhaled Nitric Oxide treatment
- High-frequency Oscillatory Ventilation treatment
Get information about our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Transport Service.
The Women’s Center at Bay Area offers parent programs, including:
- The Cuddle Club – Hospital volunteers trained to hold, rock and comfort your baby in your absence
- Kangaroo Club – Care designed to enhance bonding using the skin-to-skin experience for both mother and father.
- Tub Club – Hands-on education for parents in bathing and daily care for your baby.
- Lactation Support – Includes breastfeeding education and the management and storage of breast milk during the NICU stay.
- Early Childhood Intervention Referral Program – Provides parents with interventions to assist babies in reaching developmental milestones.
- Parent CPR – Instruction of basic infant resuscitation skills for parents.
- Bereavement Support – Emotional and spiritual support through the grieving process.
- Car Seat Loaner Program – Designed to keep all infants safe by providing short-term car seat rental services.
Wait times are an average and provided for informational purposes only. What does this mean?
Connect with Us!
Corpus Christi Medical Center - Bay Area
7101 South Padre Island Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 78412
Corpus Christi Medical Center - Doctors Regional
3315 S. Alameda Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78411
Corpus Christi Medical Center - The Heart Hospital
7002 Williams Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 78412
Corpus Christi Medical Center - Northwest Regional
Northwest Behavioral Health Center
13725 Northwest Blvd.
Corpus Christi, TX 78410
Corpus Christi Medical Center - Bayview Behavioral Hospital
6629 Wooldridge Road
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
Corpus Christi Medical Center - Northshore Emergency Center
1702 HWY 181 North, Suite 11-A
Portland, TX 78374
Corpus Christi Medical Center - Radiation Oncology
1625 Rodd Field Road, Suite 200
Corpus Christi,TX 78412